Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Mr. Horace Greeley Was No Fool

Well, I'm a-headin' west, where a man can go as far as his wits and
his shootin' iron will take him. In other words, I'll be visiting my
father in Tucson, Arizona, where gray-haired Jews who don't like the
humidity of Florida spend the winter. That means I'll be able to blog
regularly again -- for a short while, anyway. My computer's still down
and, just like yesterday, I'm writing this on my phone. However, I'm
using mobile Gmail rather than the phone's text message function, so
at least I can compose and send in one clump rather than in multiple
minuscule increments. I've only a cheap, phone keypad, though, so it's
still a pain in the ass. In fact, I gotta go 'cause the predictive
text on this phone is going crazy. It seems to be wanting to write its
own blog post, which could be more interesting than mine but this is
MY blog, so the mechanism and I are acting at cross-purposes. When
next you hear from me, I'll be in the land of ten-gallon hats and
dance hall girls (unless I'm killed in a plane crash or something).
Until that happy time when we're all eatin' beans together at the
cyber-chuckwagon again -- so long, pardners. (By the way, I hadda do
this in TWO clumps.) Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home