Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Cocooning, Part 3

Woke up with a (sufficiently) pointy pencil in my bed, adjacent to my unclothed skin. The room I'm sleeping in is also the room where my nephew has his X-Box set-up and he and his friend have not been tremendously mindful of the fact that someone sleeps in their arcade and has clothing where they'd like to sit.

At any rate, the graphite-laden, miniature impalement device seems not to have prevented me from sleeping 'til almost 12:30. Now that I'm removed from the hubbub that is my normal life, I'm catching up on avoidance I might have missed and stockpiling avoidance for the future.

I can't stop eating here and it seems there's no one who'll stop me. Yesterday, I started the day (not long before noon) with a can of Mini-Ravioli, followed by a can of Stagg Chili. I had (diet) ice-cream, pretzels, two or three kinds of breakfast cereal, 5/6 of a reduced-fat hot dog, several servings of pot roast with vegetables and pot-drippin's, an Oreo or two, and bananas. (Maybe more. That's what I remember.)

Also, I haven't taken a shower yet since I got here on Sat. night. I noticed my feet were smellin' pretty bad last night while watching "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" with my sister and brother-in-law. He had to have noticed but didn't say anything. (What a good guy!)

Just got an e-mail asking if I had a story about love for the next issue of Heeb Magazine (The New Jew Review). Working on getting comics for a kid-focused comedy show I'm working on with someone. (Yes, I know I'm not the first.) Setting up performances and tapings of my several Edinburgh shows for when I get back to New York. Working on a "Floating Fringe Festival" idea with friends in England. (More on that later.)

I guess I got stuff to do.

But right now, I'm gonna take a shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home