Thursday, January 18, 2007

Don't know what it is about those Jack Fetterman parties . . .

They're not wild.

I left and stopped at a couple of places with a friend -- don't think we did much if any drinking at these post-party places.

We did stop in a Chinese place that was closing but agreed to make us end of the night egg rolls.

Then my friend got in a cab and I woke up again on a train in the Bronx.

Again, it was a train I don't usually take. And it was hours later. And I don't remember getting to the subway station. (In fact, I don't even know what subway station I went to.)

Since I'm waiting for another debit card to replace the one I discovered was missing while on the F train Tuesday, I PayPaled money to a friend yesterday and he gave me the cash, so I can cover expenses during the wait. Well, when I woke up in the Bronx, my pocket -- where I had placed the cash -- was empty.

I wanted to cry the other night when my pocket was missing the debit card but I had more of an accepting, fatalistic reaction this time. I simply started to think of who I could beg for cash.

Stuck my hand in my jacket pocket and the money was there. Not all of it. It was missing two dollars which had apparently gone to the single use MetroCard I found in my pocket and another $1.80 or so, which a receipt in my pocket said had been spent on a deli item at Key Food.

I vaguely remembered going or wanting to go to Key Food. But why? They had plenty of food at the party and I'd just had an egg roll.

And at which train station did I get a D? The stations closest to Key Food don't include the D line.

And there is some indication I was online at 12:48 AM. But that doesn't seem possible. Did I use my laptop somewhere?

Where?

I don't have a hangover.


Note to relatives: Do not read this post.

__________________________________
18 January, 2007 @ 19:48 GMT
http://blogs.chortle.co.uk/andrewjlederer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home