Monday, January 29, 2007

Recurring Motifs

Gawker linked to this blog again the other day. So far, about 2600 people have viewed the post.

The post included a plug for the Sunday afternoon reprise of my '04 one-man show. One person attended the show.

It was a woman I'd met two years ago at a party for the opening of the play "Belfast Blues". She's been on my e-mail list since then and finally decided to come to something.

Attractive woman. I did the (a?) show for her, although it may have ended up being as much about show biz history and other things that interest me as it was about burning bridges. (More, probably.)

She liked it a lot. Said if I did it again, she would bring twenty people. (Of course, she couldn't even get the people she'd been hanging with earlier in the day to come, but I think she was on the level.) Responded with overt, clearly articulated appreciation and encouragement of my enthusiasm for her.

Good chance, I suspect, that I'll never see or hear from her again.


In any event, I have about 12 bucks to get through the week -- and some of those may be difficult to access. (Don't ask.)

Still, I'm in a good mood.

Since I got back to the States, I've performed at the Public Theater (Joe's Pub), sold a headline to The Onion (cnn.com linked to it), helped a successful friend rewrite his act, consulted on the development of a feature film, spent substantial time with my father, sisters, nieces and nephews, traveled south and west, been linked to by Gawker . . .

I feel kinda productive.


Fuzzy, though.

While my sister and nephew were here, I was on the go, running around town with them. (Yesterday, my nephew skated at Rockefeller Center. I've never even done that.) They had a hotel room that must rent for thousands of dollars on New Years Eve, as it faces 1 Times Square, where they drop the ball that heralds the coming of the new year. (I've always kinda thought that it brings in the year and that if the ball somehow got stuck, the new year wouldn't come.)

I stayed there with them on Saturday night, in a big, comfortable Marriott bed, but despite this, I didn't really rest until last night when -- no responsibilities on the horizon -- I descended into a slumber that, depending upon how you calculate, lasted from like 12 to 15 hours.

And now I'm free and fuzzy; nothin' to do and no money to do it with.

Livin' the life I love.

__________________________________
29 January, 2007 @ 19:30 GMT
http://blogs.chortle.co.uk/andrewjlederer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home