Saturday, December 09, 2006

Feet 2

(Feet 1 -- http://blogs.chortle.co.uk/andrewjlederer/2006/11/30/feet_1)

I knew pretty much immediately that the shoes were too big -- maybe even in the car with my father after buying them. And it's possible my existing shoes had gotten so cruddy that I had to get rid of them right away -- I'm not certain.

But I do know that at some point, the oversized work boots became my only shoes -- shoes in which I never quite felt stable, because there was never a sufficient percentage of my foot in contact with them.

Now, this was a period of instability and great difficulty in my life (not only from the shoes); one in which I stayed with different people; didn't have a place of my own. (Kinda like now.) But I wouldn't let the super-sized footwear get me down. I hosted a public access talk show (guests included "Dreamgirls" director Bill Condon and Warner Bros. cartoon director, Friz Freleng), did gigs and was very much at the center of my group of friends, despite this and other impediments.

And eventually, Hollywood called. (Well, actually, I called Hollywood.)

And I returned west to audition for a pilot.

Wearing my oversized shoes.

But by now they had become not only oversized, but also worn down at the heels, so that they not only provided a more than ample cushion of nothing around my feet, they did so at an angle.

To Be Continued
_________________
andrewjlederer.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home