Sunday, December 17, 2006

Miscellany

I spent so much time worrying about my beard last night that I didn't pay any attention to my hair and this morning I noticed it was not good, flying in the back in a million different directions. (A slight exaggeration.)

I don't even have a comb; haven't needed one for a long time. Arranging my hair with my fingers worked for a while but maybe there's too much for that now. I gotta get a haircut but what should I ask the guy to do? What should my hair look like with this beard?.

Anyway, a haircut costs money but I've got approximately 4 dollars to get me through the next couple days.

Yesterday, I had to make my nephew pay me back for an ice cream cone I'd bought him. (Well, he did say he'd pay me back if I bought it for him. Volunteered to. On his own.) I tried to explain to him about a hold being on funds in my account, so he wouldn't think I was abjectly broke but I didn't tell him they amount they were "holding" was 6 dollars.

Hey, maybe the weird reactions I got for a time last night at the Onion party were from my hair. Although not, I think, from "Invite Them Up"'s Holly, 'cause I'm fairly certain she didn't see the back of my head before reacting to me and I'm pretty sure the front view was alright. Regardless, I think a thorough beard and hair check will be necessary before and during the Comic Strip party today.

I left last year's Comic Strip party early so I could meet a date on the Upper West Side. We went to this woody bar with fireplaces and a secluded back room wherein I explored her topography pretty thoroughly, especially considering it was a public space. This year, I guess I'll be staying 'til the party ends. (Lonely sigh.)

I forgot to list Reggie Watts as an Onion party attendee in my last post, so mentally add him to your memory of that entry. Also, the weird reactions I engendered at the party were after I returned from walking my friend to the subway, the Tea Lounge.

I know such details often don't change anything. I mean, does it really matter if I was coming back from the train or a lounge? But the last post was inaccurate and I am not a liar (in this venue).

Okay. Enough miscellany.

More later.

_________________
Originally posted December 17, 2006, 15:54 GMT @ http://blogs.chortle.co.uk/andrewjlederer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home