Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Man, what was in that bottle?

Couple a hours ago, on the R train --

Loud, percussive rant out of nowhere. Guy in a corner "smelly bum seat" (as a girl I knew used to call it -- she liked to sit in them) is angry at something (everything?) and pretends to shoot something (someone?).


"I'm gonna kill someone. That's what I'm gonna do."

(Angry filler)

"Women and children first. That's my priority."


The guy seemed kinda serious and I was getting nervous, wondering if I should get out at the next stop (should I survive) and change to another train.

But a group of what seemed to be retarded 20-somethings thought the guy was hilarious. They shrieked with delight like a group of six-year-olds each time the frightening guy erupted.

Their minders seemed a little freaked by this and wanted their charges to quiet down but they couldn't stop the laughter, so the threatening guy . . .

. . . started singing, "It's your birthday. It's your birthday," as he looked at them and smiled.


The "kids" shrieked with even greater delight as the guy continued singing.

He concluded his performance with a sincere-sounding, "God bless you. Peace out."

I got off the train anyway.

__________________________________
13 February, 2007 @ 19:01 GMT
http://blogs.chortle.co.uk/andrewjlederer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home